According to the Policy on the Protection of Personal Data of the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA), the mechanisms for the treatment and protection of the personal data we use in fulfilling our mission are secure and confidential. IICA, as the data controller and processor, declares that it has implemented suitable technical, organizational, and technological measures to ensure that personal data is stored in a way that prevents unauthorized access by third parties, ensuring its confidentiality. IICA also respects the right to the confidentiality of electronic communications.
I. Use of Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be included in a database or physical repository and may be used for the following purposes:
- fulfilling the purpose contracted in the development of our contractual relationships;
- contacting and responding to any request you have sent through the SIDALC Alliance Site;
- sending informational material about the SIDALC Alliance, according to your interests;
- conducting satisfaction surveys for our users;
- handling requests, complaints, or claims that you, as a client of IICA and the SIDALC Alliance, have the right to establish;
- managing and responding to comments or requests made on our blogs, in which you may participate;
- compiling general statistics;
- any other legal, fair, just, and transparent use within the scope of action of the SIDALC Alliance.
IICA and the SIDALC Alliance do not transfer, lease, assign, or provide Personal Information to third parties without prior written consent from the data owner, except when (i) it is generally known by the public at the time of disclosure or becomes public knowledge through no unlawful act by IICA and the SIDALC Alliance; (ii) it is in the possession of IICA at the time of disclosure, without violating any legal obligation; (iii) it becomes known to IICA through sources unrelated to the disclosing party but with the legal right to disclose such Personal Information; (iv) it must be disclosed by IICA to comply with applicable governmental laws or regulations.
Data owners are informed that they can consult the Policy on the Protection of Personal Data, which contains our provisions for the treatment of collected information, as well as the procedures for consultation and complaint that will allow them to exercise their rights, on the Website iica.int.
II. Security and Integrity of Information
The personal information of the data owner will be stored and protected according to industry standards and technology. Despite this, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, so IICA cannot guarantee that internet transmissions will be completely private or secure, and the data owner understands that any message or information sent to the SIDALC Alliance may be read or intercepted by third parties, even if the information is encrypted, and therefore, accepts to release IICA from any liability.
III. Your Rights
At any time, data owners have the right to access and request a copy of their personal data, as well as:
- request that their personal information be rectified, updated, suppressed, or deleted, limited for use, and request its portability. All requests must be made through the forms available on the Website iica.int.
- update their email preferences (to which email addresses they receive) by clicking on the hyperlink labeled email preferences / preferencias de email located at the bottom of each email we send. Once clicked, you can select which emails you prefer to receive from the SIDALC Alliance.
IV. General Clauses
IICA reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice, which will be published on its website: Website www.sidalc.net.