Dear participants in the SIDALC Alliance:
We are writing to inform you that we are preparing to update the existing databases and include new ones, and stand ready to assist you with the process.
Below you will find information about the procedure for sending in new databases and updating the libraries directory, the format for the photo carousel, access to statistics, the location map and registration with the SIDALC Alliance website.
1. Information required to participate in the Agricultural Megabase: We need to know which system you use to manage your database (ALEPH, SIABUC, ISIS, ABCD, KOHA, etc.). It is also important that you send us the name of the institution, a description of the database content (4 lines), the subject matter, address, name of the person responsible, the Web page address and the email address to which users should send their requests. More information
2. Uploading of databases to the FTP server: Sign in at ftp://www.sidalc.net/bdnuevas with the username (bases) and password (request password). You can access it using an FTP client like FileZilla or Widows Explorer. Enter the directory named after your country and create a directory with your institution’s acronym as its name. If the database is less than 10 Mb in size, you can send it to this email address.
3. Registration with the scientific exchange list: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the list.
4. Updating or adding of information to the library directory: Enter the directory’s system for including a new entry with the username (sidalc) and password (directory). The procedure for updating information and new entries is to be found in the FAQ section of the website.
5. The website’s photo carousel: Includes all the libraries whose databases form part of the Agricultural Megabase. If you would like to be included, please send us the name of the institution, the website address and a photo (1020 x 220 mm in the JPG or PNG format).
6. Registration with the SIDALC Alliance website: We invite you to register with the new site (www.sidalc.net). This will enable you to promote your institution’s agricultural information activities, including meetings, training events, news, news alerts and forums, among others. You can also do it through your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
7. Registration with the social networks of the SIDALC Alliance: We invite you to register with the SIDALC Alliance’s Twitter and Facebook accounts, for updates concerning the community’s actions and activities.
9. Library location map: This tool shows the exact location of the libraries participating in the SIDALC Alliance. Feel free to include your institution’s details.
Do not hesitate to contact us should you require assistance with this process.